BRAC is the world’s largest, and leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Rwanda Microfinance Company PLC is registered with Rwanda Development Board in September 2018 and was approved license from National Bank of Rwanda to operate Microfinance and other financial services in Rwanda. BRAC Rwanda is looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated Rwandans to fill the following regular position.
- Position: Digital Support Officer
- Job Location: BRAC Rwanda Country Office
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- Digital Support Officer will support the Digital Implementation Manager (DIM) to implement BRAC Rwanda’s Digital Implementation Strategy which seeks to digitalize field operations, deploy digital channels and digital financial solutions that meet the needs of our existing and target customers. The Digital Support Officer will support the DIM to:
- Drive innovation, implement and use digital delivery channels.
- Conduct research to inform the development and refinement of digital financial services appropriate for BRAC’s existing and target customers especially women and youth
- Implement digital projects and action plans to increase outreach, deliver a superior customer experience, increase organizational efficiency, and find the right balance between tech and touch for BRAC’s customers.
- Coordinate the digitalization of the microfinance field operations including supporting DFA implementation and the implementation of digital delivery channels and innovative products such as digital payments
DFS Market Research
- In collaboration with the DIM, conduct regular client research to increase our digital outreach, deliver a superior customer experience, and increase organizational efficiency through digital channels
- Support the DIM to design and pilot customer centric digital financial solutions that meet the needs of BRAC’s customers
Digital Processes, Channels and Products Implementation
- Support the DIM to design, test, refine and implement digital transformation projects. Assist in enhancing alternative delivery channels including digital payment channels and digital financial solutions that meet our client’s needs. This includes supporting the analysis of business requirements and testing of new features and products to ensure that business requirements are met.
- Support the DIM to monitor and track performance of existing and new digital products and alternative delivery channels to ensure performance objectives are achieved in an effective, efficient and timely manner.
- Support client adoption of mobile payments and digital financial solutions through on-going engagements with branches and customers. Provide regular support and training to BRAC’s customers on digital channels and products to increase uptake and usage of the digital financial solutions.
- Collect and review staff and customer feedback/complaints from field and provide 1st level support in resolving issues or inquires raised from customers and/or staff relevant to DFA, digital payment channels and digital financial solutions.
- Monitor SMS Alerts transactions for effective delivery
- Support the digital payments platforms for optimum performance. Monitor the performance of digital payment systems to ensure service is up 24/7.
- Notify the digital management team on identified suspicious digital transactions
- Support DIM to design training content and provide continuous DFS training to all staff to ensure their product knowledge and capability of delivering the service to customers.
- Work with DIM and marketing and communication to develop effective marketing and communication campaigns to drive DFS adoption and active usage.
- Provide support in the generation of reports from the digital platform for business /regulatory reporting and/or for troubleshooting purpose.
- Support DIM, to disseminate and share knowledge and lessons learned among the different BI MF countries to support the implementation of organizational best practices for digital transformation.
- Ensure familiarity with all the policies and processes of BRAC Rwanda Ltd. Conduct periodic site visits to branches to identify non-compliance of digital policies and providing advice for required remediation action.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Market and Ecosystem Intelligence
- Keep an active watch on digital technologies available in the market that may improve the quality and efficiency of our field operations, and product and service delivery
Knowledge, Skill & Competence
- Effective communication skills
- Writing and reporting skills in English
- Comprehensive understanding of microfinance operation
- In-depth understanding of the key drivers in a digital product/emerging technology business.
- Insight into the way that digital transformation is affecting the finance industry and knowledge of best practices.
- Self-motivated, determined, and confident
- Self-Driven, flexible, resilient and able to work under pressure
- Fluency in English is required (speaking, reading and writing)
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Digital Finance, Computer science, Computer Studies, Statistics, ICT, MIS, or any other related studies.
Experience: Minimum Three years of experience in any reputed Microfinance or any other related in the area of Digital Finance or ICT
If you feel you are the right match for the above-mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly:
APPLY NOW :
Candidates need to send a signed Cover letter in PDF format indicating the title of the position applied for, updated CV mentioning educational grades, years of experience, and notarized scan copies of academic qualifications. All those documents should be sent through email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Application deadline is 7th November 2022 at 16.00 hrs.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be called for interview.