The job is Finance Manager at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO): (Deadline 11 September 2022)
|Type of role||Business|
|Salary||As per VSO salary bands|
|Contract type||Fixed Term|
|Full Time||35 hours per week|
|Application Closing Date||11 Sep 2022|
|Start date||Tuesday, 1st November, 2022|
VSO is the world’s leading international development charity that works through volunteers to create a fair world for everyone. At VSO we pride ourselves on doing development differently. We fight poverty not by sending aid, but by working through volunteers and partners to create long-lasting change in some of the world’s poorest regions. We bring key stakeholders together to co-ordinate collective action, from local organisations to national governments. Our programmes in Africa and Asia focus on health, education and livelihoods, with an increasing emphasis on resilience, peace building, social accountability, gender and social inclusion. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change that will improve the lives of generations to come.
To support the Chief of Party and the Project Implementation Leads in managing the Country Office finances.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Should have Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Chartered Accountant (ACCA) license with strong technical accounting skills.
- Posses excellent interpersonal and communication skills including writing clearly, accurately & concisely Communication and Influencing Skills
- Be service oriented, customer focused approach with experience of working in and understanding a global organization, using knowledge to analyze and interpret financial information to support management.
- Have experience of identifying risks and how to resolve them.
- Experienced in leading, managing and developing teams.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel particularly use of SUN accounting software and reporting packages.
- A commitment to VSO ’s work and values.
Desirable – Kinyarwanda language.
Competencies and Behaviors
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:
- Ability to be open minded and respectful
- Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
- Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to seek and share knowledge
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce.
VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.
If you’re interested in applying for this role, please download the job description for more information.
Once you’re ready to apply, click on “Apply button” below to complete the online form.