Advert – Medical Doctors (4)
About the Role:
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The Medical Doctor will be responsible for delivering quality health services (OPD consultations, IPD ward rounds and Maternity Services) in accordance with appropriate and up-to-date medical knowledge, MoH protocols / guidelines. He/she will be responsible to provide technical assistance and build the capacity of the health facility staff to improve the quality primary healthcare service delivery.
Qualifications and experience
- Medical Doctor from a recognized university with full registration and current practicing license with relevant professional body (Rwanda Medical and Dental Council)
- Proved 4 years of experience working in obstetrics, gynaecology and paediatric services
- Analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of Health Information Systems, Nutrition protocols, HIV protocols, and Primary and Reproductive Health Care concepts, including Rwandan Ministry of Health protocols and guidelines.
- Experience working in both an emergency and a development setting.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skills in information technologies, and records keeping in health facilities.
- Strong background in medical care process, and or health informatics.
- Excellent liaison abilities and good communication skills (French, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi and English preferred).
- Computer knowledge (Microsoft office, M.S Word, MS Excel)
- Proven experience in working in health facilities in rural area especially in Humanitarian.
- Proven Training in EMONC
- Language skills in Kinyarwanda English, and French.
- Experience working in Maternity, NC and labour ward including C/S deliveries.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net
Deadline for receiving applications is 3rd September 2022.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*