Communications Officer Kumwe Hub at Save the Children: (Deadline 21 March 2023)
Advert – Communications Officer Kumwe Hub
About the Role:
Save the Children (SC) is the world’s largest independent child rights organization, underpinned by a vision of a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Our mission to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
The Communication Officer for Kumwe Hub is responsible for delivering high quality, impactful communications via different means including via our website, on social media and through image and video content. These must convey in an attractive and gripping manner, the benefits and impact of Kumwe Hub’s innovative new approach to a range of external and internal stakeholders including, but not limited to: business investors, businesses we support, donors and Save the Children colleagues. Kumwe Hub’s brand is growing in importance for Save the Children and we need to ensure the highest levels of quality in everything we produce.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in social science, development, journalism.
- At least 5 years of experience in undertaking, media and communication initiatives in humanitarian and development contexts
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Proven track record of excellent communications delivery across multiple different media (video, interview and social media).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to produce good quality documents, information for a variety of audiences and communicate good practices
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy
- Experience and proficency in graphic design software
- Strong inter-organisational skill such as networking, negotiation and communication.
- Willing and able to travel time to field offices to support field teams, as security permits
- Proven experience in analysing the situation of children using the child rights programming/ principles framework
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
- Masters or post graduate degree in communications and media.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding
– Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Application Information: Click Here
Deadline for receiving applications is 28th March 2023.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE AND APPLY