Job Title: Data & Systems Manager
Location: Remote but Kigali Preferred
Reports To: Business Intelligence Director
The DelAgua Group of companies design and implement major carbon development projects. Our purpose is Transforming Lives and Nature through Enterprise. The company was founded at the University of Surrey in 1985, developing the first DelAgua water testing kit in conjunction with Oxfam. Today our core business is our innovative stoves carbon development programme however we continue to provide a wide range of world-class water testing products. Across DelAgua strong management of data is required in both its collection, quality assurance, storage, and analysis in order to ensure effective management and delivery of the projects we run.
This role will have primary responsibility for owning and managing DelAgua’s global data systems. Across multiple markets ensuring data is managed in accordance with legislation, that it is stored accurately and effectively in a way that allows for real time analysis and predictive data modelling.
This role is responsible for managing DelAgua’s data storage solution; for owning the front-end data collection software; for providing advanced data analytics and displaying strategic leadership in the data visualization space
The successful candidate will iterate on, and manage, a world class data ecosystem that generates business insights in real time across multiple markets. Will work with multiple country teams to deliver operational excellence and will continue to be at the leading edge of data utilization in business.
- Ensure all data systems are managed appropriately that presents the organization with a singular “version of the truth”.
- Developing and maintaining database structures that allow efficient and innovative analysis of their contents.
- Develop and maintain data flows between platforms and systems.
- Work closely with Senior Project Manager to incorporate new platforms, systems, and initiatives into our data eco-system.
- Ensure all data is clean, accurate and recorded. As well as ensuring all data is managed in line with data protection regulations across all markets.
- Responsibility for the setup and maintenance of core organizational dashboards
- Leading ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner.
- Contribute to a culture of data driven decision making by ensuring that the data collected meets program needs and is analysed and disseminated in a format that inspires conversation.
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative data to inform strategic decisions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities;
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferable) in a quantitative discipline, 4+ years’ work experience, English fluency required.
- Significant statistical analysis skills
- Experience in data visualization and able to present insights to non-technical staff.
- Understanding of database setup, maintenance, and quality assurance
- Strong Proficiency in SQL.
- Excellent command of Excel.
- Experience in GIS or a willingness to learn.
- A self-starter and problem solver – sees an opportunity for improvement of systems and processes and acts on it including exploring the role of big data, machine learning and AI in our business strategy.
- You should be comfortable and experienced working within distributed teams.
- Willingness to travel
- Demonstrated ability to digest large volumes of information, select the key points, grasp the “so what,” and present it clearly to management.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Highly motivated, energetic self-starter who takes ownership and works independently.
- Enjoys working collaboratively and shares knowledge and insights freely.
At DelAgua, we celebrate our differences, and recognize the strength in the diversity of our people. We are a global employer who believe in providing opportunities for all its employees to unlock their potential regardless of background, age, sex, race, religion, or personal beliefs.
Please send your C.V and a cover letter explaining why you would excel in this position to [email protected]. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Click here to visit the website source