Enabel is a Belgian development agency. It implements Belgium’s governmental cooperation. The agency also works for other national and international donors. With its partners in Belgium and abroad, Enabel offers solutions to address pressing global challenges – Climate Change, Urbanisation, Human Mobility, Peace and Security, Economic and Social Inequality – and to promote Global Citizenship. With 2,000 staff, Enabel manages about 170 projects in twenty countries, in Belgium, Africa, and the Middle East.
Enabel in Rwanda is currently looking for an (f/m) Driver.
Location: Kigali with possible field missions
Duration of the contract: Open-ended employment contract – local contract according to the Rwandan labor law
Expected starting date: November 2022
Salary package according to our salary grids (class 1B – Driver): : From 381.652RWF gross salary depending on the number of years of relevant experience.
The driver will ensure the transport of people or goods (mail, purchased goods, equipment, missions…) in safely and efficiently manner, on time, and to the assigned places in order to promote the image of the organization and to reflect its values (respect of passengers and road users, respect of regulations, avoidance of uncivil behaviors…).
In general, (s) he will:
- Transport people and goods in order to ensure that people and goods reach the assigned destination on time and safely.
- Keep vehicles in good and well-maintained condition in order to minimize risks of breakdowns and to keep the vehicle in good and clean condition for passengers.
- Bring the vehicle to the garage for servicing and maintenance
- Take the vehicle to the technical inspection as required
- Keep vehicle papers or documents in compliance with the law, internal procedures, etc. in order for the vehicle to be used under existing regulations and to avoid problems in the event of an accident, police check, etc.
- Correctly fill in the vehicle ‘logbook’ or travel records;
- Deliver and pick up mail/correspondence and parcels in order to ensure speedy and effective transmission of information or goods.
- Assist with the execution of small works/jobs in order to help co-workers in executing their tasks (Take care of supplying paper to photocopiers, water to the dispensers, avail glasses … )
qualification and experience
- Rwandan citizen;
- O level diploma (secondary school)
- Driving License class B;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in the last 10 years in a similar position within either a public organization, a government project or a highly recognized private organization;
- Certificate in Mechanics an added advantage
- Good oral communication in Kinyarwanda and English; French will be an asset
- Ability to work in an international, multi-stakeholder environment, maintain effective and cooperative relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Be of proven moral integrity.
- Self-discipline and punctuality.
- Readiness to work in the field outside of duty station;
- Client-oriented and flexible
- Proactive, engaged, and self-starter.
Applicants are also required to commit to the vision, mission, and values of Enabel (https://www.enabel.be/content/enabel-vision-mission-values).
Following this recruitment procedure, a shortlist of successful applicants may be constituted which may be sourced in the next three years for similar job openings.
How to Apply
Interested applicants fulfilling the above-mentioned criteria are invited to submit their application documents through Job in Rwanda “Appy” button below by “filling out the application form carefully” including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (max 5 pages), a motivation letter, and a copy of University degree(s). Past and current service certificates also need to be attached to the application (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting). Submit the full file no later than the 21st of September 2022.
Enabel is committed to equal opportunities and diversity in its workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, origin, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or any other factor other than competence.
Enabel never requests money to be part of any of the recruitment processes.
Before the interview stage, candidates will be requested to provide medical proof of visual ability.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, 13th September 2022
Resident Representative, Enabel Rwanda