JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Lower Primary French Teachers: Two positions at KCS, Rwamagana campus.
Organization: KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL is a Private Christian School owned and operated by Youth For Christ/Rwanda which is a missionary movement entrusted with a global vision and committed to the mission of youth evangelism, discipleship, and social involvement and leadership development.
In its Strategies, Youth For Christ/Rwanda reaches the youth through education, thus started and owns KIGALI CHRISTIAN SCHOOL, KIGALI, and RWAMAGANA CAMPUSES.
It is against this background that, Youth For Christ/Rwanda wishes to recruit competent and qualified teachers to fill the available vacancies.
To ensure that learners (students) are provided with a safe learning environment and produce exemplary performance in the taught subjects. The environment should be highly structured and relational in nature to enable students flourish spiritually, academically, physically and emotionally.
Supervisor(s): School Principals
Faith and behavior requirements:
Faith: Follower of Jesus Christ and actively involved in a local church.
Behavior: Self-disciplined and teachable. Personal integrity in both professional and private life.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Passion to serve and work hard, University Degree (A0), or Diploma in Education.
- Prior experience of two years in teaching;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, programming, basic maintenance, etc
- Fluent in English
- Able to motivate and mentor others;
- Knowledge of Rwanda’s education system and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities for the required teacher
- Prepare and teach lessons professionally.
- Make adequate teaching aids.
- Make sure the class has a favorable learning environment.
- Have all professional documents and show them to any hierarchical authority when asked for.
- Make sure the classroom is tidy and clean.
- Check the going in and out of the learners, accompany them wherever they are. On all occasions, she or he is responsible for them and must give them a good example.
- Attend all meetings organized by the school.
- Check punctuality and regularity of the children.
- Make all necessary reports as asked by the school administration.
- Make sure that discipline and cleanliness of children are observed.
- Ensure that the school materials are well accounted for and well utilized.
- Collaborate closely with parents, assistant teachers, school authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ensure good collaboration with team leaders or their hierarchical leaders.
- Do his/her work according to decisions and instructions of the hierarchical authorities;
- Check if the medium of instruction and other languages are used adequately.
- Accomplish all responsibilities assigned by the school authorities.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications addressed to the National Director, Youth For Christ/Rwanda at the school head office at Kigali-Kibagabaga not later than Tuesday 6th September 2022.
Curriculum Vitae bearing at least three referees that have seen you teach;
Recommendation letter from your church;
Copies of Degrees and other certificates related to Teacher Professional Development;
Photocopy of National Identity Card and Passport for foreigners.
Done at Kigali on 29th of August 2022.
Kigali Christian School,
Youth For Christ/Rwanda.